Friday, November 13, 2009

WAIKIKI AT ITS FINEST

Mary, Louise and I went to Waikiki my first full day here, I always enjoy people watching and Waikiki is the perfect place to do so. The middle picture is a tribute to Duke Paok Kahanamoku, he was known as "Father of International Surfing" , an Olympic Champion, a movie actor, and he was also the Sheriff of Honolulu from 1934 to 1960. That was 13 consecutive terms.

The other pictures are of the beach, it is so fun to people watch. Of course we hit the shops and a nice time in the Harley shop talking to some old guy that moved here in the hippie days but said he was a suffer but not a hippie.

The fish pond was at the International Market Place, the orchards were close to the pond too. Several years ago they talked about doing away with the IMP so glad to see that they have kept it. While there Mary and I had a Bubble tea, she had a Mango and I had a avocado, I was surprised how good the avocado tea was, the best part it was not sweet.

Always have to take pictures of the Royal Hawaiian Hotel, not sure if it is the oldest hotel here but know it has been here a long long time.

Will try to post more often while here.....will see.

later B
Posted by Picasa

About Me

My best Friend Wayne and I have a great life traveling, eating out, Geocaching, and meeting new people. Family is very important to us, and since we do not spend a lot of time at home they really appriciate us when we am there. Keep a look out for us you never know when or where we will be.