Wednesday, November 04, 2009

BERRY GOLDWATER BOMBING RANGE

When I first came to Yuma I thought the desert was so desolate boy oh boy was I wrong. Sometimes it takes time to really see things. I find myself taking pictures of the strangest things, a dead tree, brings to mind Halloween and spooky nights. The chollas catus is an interesting catus, you walk to close to it and it will reach out and grab you. It is always nice to have a comb with you to take out the attacking chollas. Have heard this catus refereed to as "Teddy Bear" catus, don't know why because they sure are not cuddly. The saguaro catus is always interesting and you will never see any two alike. Sometimes you can let your imagination run away with you and see all kinds of things. The Ocotillo is one of my favorites, it has red flowers and lots of thorns. Can be used to create a fence. There are lots of mountains, hills and washes and it seems like every time you look at them they look different.
We started our day at 8:00am instead of O'dark thirty, which I was thankful for, and it ended at 2:00pm and by time time we were all kinda tired. We did manage to find 20 caches, which means twenty times in and out of the car, are we crazy or what!!!!! One of the first caches we found was Buddy V which was in honor of a fellow cacher that lost his battle with cancer. This year there are many more caches on the BGBR than in years passed because of that we got to see and visit with several fellow cachers. Berta billybe, teddyntiger, CaptainBoots, and skibum1. Needless to say it was a successful fun day. Life is good B
Posted by Picasa

About Me

My best Friend Wayne and I have a great life traveling, eating out, Geocaching, and meeting new people. Family is very important to us, and since we do not spend a lot of time at home they really appriciate us when we am there. Keep a look out for us you never know when or where we will be.