was held at the submarine base, it was impressive, there is a wall of plaque for each boat lost at sea during WW ll. They tolled the bell and called out each boat and the number of lives lost, active duty and submariners put a lei on each plaque. At the end of the ceremonies they there was a 21 gun salute and the playing of taps, of course that got to me was always.KT Louise's grandaughter was with us, she is only 4 and she did real well during the ceremonies and luncheon. The luncheon was held at Lockwood Hall. The Subvets planned and prepared the luncheon, the wives did the decorations. The food was ono as they say here on the island. It was a buffet with tuna, chicken, prime rib, rice, mashed potatoes, gravy, mixed veggies, salad and cake. Just for the record I did not do the writing on the cake.
Lots of people donated things for a drawing I bought 6 tickets and my numbers were drawn twice. The first was a basket with Christmas stuff, cookie mix, oven mitts, dish towls, napkins, and coasters, since I have limited space going home this will stay here with Louise. The second prize was a $25.00 gift certificate for the Navy Exchange I decided to keep that one for myself.
There was so much food left they ask people to take some home, this morning I had fish with my eggs. Yummy, yummy. By the way that was my lunch plate pictured on the colage.
nuff for now... B