Wednesday, March 05, 2008

MORE DESERT PICTURES

There is a red spot in the desert, it is some strange flower growing wild? No it is a Geocacher hiking to a cache, this is one of those people that really likes to get out there and hike. The catcus you see in the front of the picture looks as tho' it is growing out of a rock and it just might be growing out of the rock. This year we have not seen any snakes, but talking to one of the Border Patrol Men said that this is the time of the year for snakes. Understand if you pour cold water on a snake they will turn stiff as a board. Doubt if I will ever try to prove that statement.
One of my favorite part of the desert are the rocks you find, now this one could be a ducks head................maybe a football helmet????? Or maybe it is just a very old weater worn rock.

Here are some Occotilo and another view of desert and mountains. No matter how many times you go to the same place you see something different each time. This time I did not see any critters.

On our way home we stopped at Ligurta Station which is a restaurant that has been here forever, it now has new owners and they have cleaned it up quite a bit. They kept the decore the same, not sure if they changed the menu, what I have had there I like. They do make there own chili and I am hooked on the chili, so far have had chili omlet and chili burger. We have never tried dinner there and doubt if we will. There is also a RV park there, but I can not figure out why.

Have visited the casinos of course, understand by next year there will be a new casino in CA close to Mexico border. There will not be a Paradise casino CA and AZ in the same spot. Just what we need is 3 casinos to visit, hopefully they will have better food at the new casino.

Looks like another sunny day here in Yuma, have not gone outside but I am sure I will be able to wear shorts again today. It is either Levi weather or shorts weather.

Not sure if I told about my 3 hours of therapy?????????? It was cold and windy, the sand was blowing so much it look like fog, but I forged ahead to the Mall. Started out at Marshalls, then the Ross, now at Ross I almost lost it, you could hardly walk through the place there was so much stuff pilled on top of stuff you could not tell what was what, I was out of there in record time, less than 5 minutes. On to a couple eletronic stores......looking for the impossible. Checked out Dillard, Khols, Target and by then I was all better.

Starting to make plans for our trip home........will write about that when the time is closer....we only have about 20 day left here.....
Till next time......Becky
Posted by Picasa

About Me

My best Friend Wayne and I have a great life traveling, eating out, Geocaching, and meeting new people. Family is very important to us, and since we do not spend a lot of time at home they really appriciate us when we am there. Keep a look out for us you never know when or where we will be.