Sunday, August 17, 2008

FRANKINBEAR GOES

to Crater Lake for the day. This was mine and Frankinbears first time at Crater Lake and what a nice park it is. Thanks to geocaching it took us to some interesting places and as usual places we would not normally gone to. Our first stop was at the Information center, there was a cache near by, Lady of the woods was the name of the rock, looks like I cut her head off. I am sure Wayne has a better picture of her on his blog. Anyhow Frankinbear is the center of attention for this day and here he is checking out this interesting site. Here we are outside of the Lodge looking at Wizard Island, the water is so blue here at Cater Lake, around the Island you can see some turquoise and green water. While at the Lodge Frankinbear was accosted by a nice Lady she was so thrilled to meet Frankinbear she had never seen anything like him, and most of all admired the workmanship. She was so excited she found her family and we had a photo op, the kids had a great time having there picture taken with Frankinbear. More pictures of the lake at different angles. Believe it or not there is also a desert there, it is called Plumas Desert, much different that the deserts that we are use to.
We made a stop long the way to CL and I found this friendly Chipmunk, he was so friendly he almost posed for me. Not sure if you would call these trees, formations, driftwood, what ever they are called they fascinated me. This last picture I see a strange animal, Wayne says it is a dragon, I am leaning more towards a weird bunny with a very long front leg, it extends well beyond the photo. I just love finding unusual things, I will call things like this natures Art!
Here we are in Grants Pass for a day of caching, it was not the easiest place to cache, so many one way streets and there are also a lot of dead end streets, made for an interesting day. We found two real palm trees, here in OR can you believe that. One cache was at a Memorial Park, then we learned a little bit of local history at the Schmidt House. Now this Cricket (I am guessing Jimmie) was at the entrance of a parking lot, don't know why. One cache's hints was under the magnolia tree.......we did not know what that kind of tree looked like, now we do it has pink flowers on it. Our GPS's gave us fits all day but we got the job done anyhow. The last Picture is of my 1400TH find, YEAH!!!!!!

We are now home and will add more when the Laundry is done and something interesting happens. B
Posted by Picasa

About Me

My best Friend Wayne and I have a great life traveling, eating out, Geocaching, and meeting new people. Family is very important to us, and since we do not spend a lot of time at home they really appriciate us when we am there. Keep a look out for us you never know when or where we will be.