Thursday afternoon, got everything set up on our favorite site, the first picture is a view from out door. Nice being surrounded by trees once again, and to be out of the smoke. Got things set up here at the "Camp", TV and Internet and now it is home, well that is for the next 10 days.Friday was spent getting things done, gassing up Suze and getting her oil change, now she is good to go. Did a little bit of shopping, like we needed more stuff. Stopped at KFC for a quick easy dinner surprised Cassidy with her favorite corn on the cob.
After dinner Tami and I went to the Kids Vacation Bible School program, they learned a new song each day, they put on a very impressive program. Tami and I had a enjoyable time.
Saturday afternoon Wayne and I hit the "Recycle Festival" in downtown Vancouver. It was very interesting, make sure you enlarge the pictures and check out the art. There was stands that had fruit, veggies, and flowers, we had to pick up some strawberries for Trace, they were nice and sweet. The came my favorite stands, the food stands......unfortunately I can not go from booth to booth and eat like I use to. They had quite the variety, Oriental, German, good ole American, we settled on a JUMBO corn dog!!!
Sunday morning before the heat got to bad Doug and family hit the skateboard park in Battleground. Nice park and it gave me a chance to take lots of action pictures. I never got to see Trace when he first started out, other than pictures. He is doing quite well as far as I can tell, this week he is at Skateboard camp so it will be interesting to watch him next week and see what all he has learned. Check out his helmet, got to love it!!!! Sunday afternoon us Girls had some bonding time, SHOPPING, had a good time seeing what we could see. I picked up 4 books and Cassidy found a skirt, of course Cassidy wanted to shop more (good girl she is learning) but Tami and I was ready to go home.
Summer and time to break out the sprinklers, last year we found this Cow sprinkler for Tami, the kids had a great time playing in the water. I know they will be the envy of the neighborhood.
It is now Monday and Wayne is not feeling well, a couple times a year he comes down with a tummy thingy, last year he came down with it on out Coos Bay trip.
This year our reservations for Coos Bay are 7 thu 11, so Wayne should be over his tummy thingy by then.
That has been our first days in the GNW, more later when something good happens........B