Relay For Life. Rhonda wanted us to go to that so she could get me a purple survivors shirt. We checked in at the gate, this was the first time I had gone to one of these events so I did not realize what a big deal it was or how much work went into putting one of these events on. My hat is off to each and everyone of the volunteers that made this possible. Teams had certain walking time assigned to them, our walk time was 2-3 so we checked out some of the booths and visited with people that Rhonda knew. She introduced me one of her co-workers from Davis (you know how I am with names so will not attempt to say her name) she has help put this event on for that last 5 years.....what a great lady.
Our first amble around the track (we could not walk yet because it was not our time) anyhow I spotted a booth that had Hawaiian Pulled Pork sandwiches!!! Yeah I was excited, but we were good and shared a sandwich. We walking for about an hour and half in all, when Sandy got there we walked for real a few laps around the track. They had a special time for the kids to walk, so we pretended to be kids until they stopped the walk and had the kids do the "Hokie Pokie". The kids got there walk restarted by doing a Congo line.......they had fun with that. One of the girls was trying to get Jace to join the Congo line but he out ran her. Did not know Jace could run that fast..........
The booths are around the track and some of the booths has someone camping in tent. I bet that place really rocks when everyone else is gone. During the event kids were in the center play ball of all kind. There was a special area where you could plant a flag in memory of someone that passed away of cancer so Rhonda and I got flag for Charles. After we planted the flag the MC of the event took our pictures.... Saturday night around nine they had a candle light ceremony and they spell out HOPE in the bleachers. I missed that part because by then I was not moving to fast.
At five o'clock it was Party time at Rico Pizza, Rhonda Popi and I went early and it was a good thing because they had 3 party's going when we got there and where they had us was not what Rhonda reserved. All ended up better than originally planned since we had one area for the kids and a different area for the adults that was away from all the confusion but we could see it all. It was an all boy party this time. They had a great time playing all the video games and then the Pizza was served and that quited them down some. The center picture show Rhonda with a look of horror on her face, it cracked me up, not sure what was going on at that point. Cake was served and was demolished in short order.
Here are some shots of the adult table, and in the kids corner it was time for presents.....Jace got gift cards and lots of Lego sets.............he was one happy birthday boy. The last picture say's it all "Party's Over".
Later..............B
Sunday, October 05, 2008
About Me
- Becky aks Crzoldy
- My best Friend Wayne and I have a great life traveling, eating out, Geocaching, and meeting new people. Family is very important to us, and since we do not spend a lot of time at home they really appriciate us when we am there. Keep a look out for us you never know when or where we will be.



