Friday, October 17, 2008

HERE ARE SOME PICTURES OF

Scotties Castle in Death Valley, is a Spanish-style home more than a caste. The outside is beautiful with lots of fancy tile work, there are two clocks and a wood carved door. The house was never completed. There was plans for a swimming pool in the front, they still have the tiles that were bought to for the pool.
Here are some pictures of the inside of the house, the unique thing is the furnishing and clothing are all of the original owners of the house. I will not try to tell you any history so you will have to look it up on the Net. The tour guides dress in period clothing, the guides would show you around the house and tell you tales about the people that live there. The kitchen fascinated me. Now when I finally downloaded my pictures I discovered that some had strange lighting in them. I am just wondering if Scottie was making his presents know??????
Not sure if you can read these posters if you can you can you just might learn what Scotties Castle is all about. Would go back and do it all over again anytime.

More later.........B
Posted by Picasa

About Me

My best Friend Wayne and I have a great life traveling, eating out, Geocaching, and meeting new people. Family is very important to us, and since we do not spend a lot of time at home they really appriciate us when we am there. Keep a look out for us you never know when or where we will be.