Saturday, September 13, 2008

ONCE AGAIN WE DID

a few new things that Louise had never done in the many years in the Island. On our way to the new Pacific Aviation Museum located on Ford Island, we saw a sign that said Utah Memorial and of course we had to go check it out. I was nice and tranquil there and interesting stop.

Here are some more things we found along the way abandon building, an old air tower the tower is across from the Aviation Museum. As you walk into the Museum there are tiles made of a map of Oahu, Louise was fascinated with the tiles. There are mural make of old postcards. We watched a movie before we entered the part where the planes are on display.
I will let Wayne tell you all about the planes, I just took pictures of the one that were colorful. The museum is not big but I also think it is a work in progress. The last two pictures is about the plane G.W. Bush flew during WW2. Now that I have seen the planes it is time to go to the gift shop. Boy did I ever score, large bag,sweatshirt, long sleeve shirt, an a coin. We were invited to tour the USS Columbia SSN 771, it was quite the challenge for us Old Folks going up and down the ladders and in and out of the hatch. Interesting tour and even got to meet some new people.

Another nice day in Paradise...............B
Posted by Picasa

About Me

My best Friend Wayne and I have a great life traveling, eating out, Geocaching, and meeting new people. Family is very important to us, and since we do not spend a lot of time at home they really appriciate us when we am there. Keep a look out for us you never know when or where we will be.