Monday, October 10, 2005

TIME TO GO BACK TO THE MAINLAND

Tonight I am all packed and ready to go to the airport. It has been a wonderful five weeks, Louise and I always have a good time. Here is a spmple of our week.

Tuesday the 4Th found us having lunch at Rose's Cantina in Haleiwa, unfortunately it was one of the worst meal I have had, sent one back because the pork was SWIMMING in grease. The I ordered Mahi Mahi tacos, the Mahi was good but the tortilla totally fell apart. Told Louise that it was a good thing that I had mellowed in my Old age. Last time we were there it was real good, needless to say we will not be back.

Went to the Movie, "The Exorcism of Emily Rose" very intense, but it was good. Several time we both jumped. When the movie was over and everyone was leaving the theater no one said a word.... strange.

Wednesday morning Louise got a call from friends that had just checked in to the Hale Koa, the military Hotel in Waikiki. That evening we went down to have dinner with Betty Ann and Jerry, they we very pleasant people, I really enjoyed meeting them. He was a Submarine Sailor and he a Louise's husband was stationed together.

Thursday we baby sat KT for an hour or so... since we were such good Granny's we treated ourselves to lunch. Went to a place in Salt Lake area, we had Sushi at Locomotion Sushi, it was very good. We tried eight different things, plus soup and Green tea Ice Cream. Wish I could find Green Tea Ice cream on the Mainland.

Thursday night we saw "Chi"it was at Blaisdell concert hall, this is a group from China, and they are aerial gymnasts, dancers,tumblers martial artists, and jugglers.... it was a very good show. Afterward we NEEDED a snack so we went to Zippy's, the hamburger I had was good, just what I was hungry for.

You know I just now realized that all Louise and I do is go to shows and eat out..... my my. Friday was no exception... went to Kapolei for Chinese buffet at Ho HO Chinese Cuisine... I tried not to over eat.

The Hilton was having there Oktoberfest Friday night so Louise and I went down to check it out. Neither one of us had ever been to an Oktoberfest so this was another new experience for us. The food was really good, and they served such big portions. I had them give me half as much and it was still to much. They had Bratwurst, Pork Loin, Sauerkraut, Mashed potatoes, German potato salad, fried onions, and all kinds of desserts...never got to them was way to full.
We met a new friend, a lady by the name of Linda was sitting alone so we joined her, she worked for the Hilton part time for many years, so she let us in on what was what. The food was delicious, the band was good, but there was only a couple dozen people there. I guess it is a big thing to do the Chicken Dance at these things, and they gave away prizes every hour for the best dancers, so Linda and I got out on the dance floor and we WON, I was so excited, but must admit we were destine to win since we were the only ones on the dance floor. (pictures below)

Saturday was Louise's Birthday, so Mika and Connie took us out for lunch, we went to a rib place that Louise had been wanting to go to.... we had a real nice time. Saturday night went to the movies and saw "In her Shoes", it was a fun movie... we usually go to the movies during the week, so was surprised how busy they were.

Sunday morning Louise and I met our friend Nancy at the Ala Moana Shopping center for breakfast. We at at Longhi's, what a wonderful view of the ocean. We had the best breakfast ever. We all three had a different kind of Benedict... Louise had Florentine, I had Main Crab cake, and Nancy had Lobster, Nancy and I shared, the Benedict's were served on home made bread.... so good. On to Splendor of China festival at Blaisdell, we walk around to all the booths and they had entertainment... we stayed till around two thirty.

Today we went to a new Italian place for lunch, it was nice and I did not over eat. On to the movie "The Greatest Game Ever" we enjoyed, good Disney movie.

Time to say Aloha, and Mahalo for checking out my Blog, B




Blog Archive

About Me

My best Friend Wayne and I have a great life traveling, eating out, Geocaching, and meeting new people. Family is very important to us, and since we do not spend a lot of time at home they really appriciate us when we am there. Keep a look out for us you never know when or where we will be.