Tuesday, October 04, 2005

LOTS OF FUN IN THE ISLANDS

Saturday 24, Louise and I stayed home, during the day, but made up for it with the night life. Went to a show at Leeward Community Collage, Brasil Brazil was playing. They were very entertaining, could only understand part of what they were saying but the music was good. From there we went to Monetary Bay Caner's and listened to Pacific Jam, they were good and play all varieties of music.

Sunday We went to a craft fair at Thomas Square. Then on to visit with Mika, Connie and KT, just in a week KT seems to have grown. Dinner as at Big City Dinner, we shared one meal with a full rack of baby back ribs and took over half home. They were quite good.

Monday had lunch at Hong Kong Harbor View Restaurant, we had Dim Sum.... only had 10 different kinds. The restaurant was at Aloha Tower Market Place. Decided I NEEDED some more tank tops, so off to Hilo Hatties, found 3 tops and ended up getting a free mug.

Tuesday we baby sat KT for a few hours, she is a good baby, I do hold her from time to time. After KT left, Louise and I headed out. Went to the movie "Flight Plan" I thought it was an OK movie. Then saw on TV where the stewardess are boy cotting the move. It was not real....It was just a move.....

Wednesday we went on a hunt for Dog "the bounty hunter" Found his office but he was not in... got an autographed picture of him and his lovely wife. The office gal was not to happy with all the tourist stopping by. There was a total of 9 people in the span of 10 minutes.... so I can imagine it would get on your nerves.

Lunch was at Waioli Tea Room, had a very good lunch, after lunch did the photo thing with a Old Austin car they had out front. This nice gentleman offered to take a picture of Louise and I. I asked if he would be in a picture with me, come to find out he is Wally Amos of Famous Amos Cookies....... Such a fun pleasant man. He now has a company called Chip & Cookie and promotes Kids reading aloud.

Thursday went to Mokule'ia to watch them Kite Surfing that was so fun to watch.... It was not the best day for it since it was raining off and on. Had Taco's at Killer Tacos... they were OK, had a fish and a kaula pork taco. Have to go with local stuff when possible.

Friday night we went to Diamond Head Theater and saw The Full Monty, it was so good we laughed so much. It was really nice with the live orchestra playing, of course it was a musical. On the way home we stopped at Shiro's and had Saimin, Shiro's is a favorite loacal place.

Saturday we did the Parade of Homes, some in Ewa Beach, two different developments and one in Waianae. We were looking in Ewa Beach and it just poured down rain, we got totally soaked, so decided to go have lunch... the man there directed us to a golf course close by...got there and their electricity was out so they were unable to fix anything..... So off we go we remember seeing another golf course so we went there and had a great lunch. Mahi Mahi sandwich.......On the way home we decided to go the the movies, saw "An Unfinished Life. Louise and I both really enjoyed the movie, it has Robert Redford, Morgan Freeman, later I found out that it did not get very good reviews..... A lot of the time if the critics do not like a movie I do... guess I just have no taste.

Sunday was back to Thomas Square for a Native American Pow Wow, this is the 32ND year they have had this Pow Wow in the Islands. Lots of trinkets, some amazing Paintings on feathers. The only food there was Fried Bread or Indian Taco, of course an Indian Taco was the first thing I did. At two we had tickets for Lion Dance Championship at Blaisdell, which was just across the street from Thomas square. The Lion dancers are so much fun to watch. There were four teams Hawaii, Malaysia, Hong Kong and Australia. The Malaysian team fell and of course disqualified, Louise and I both almost cried when that happened. Hawaii ended up winning. Had dinner at Anna Millers, I was on a Mahi Mahi kick, had it as a breakfast.

Today Monday Louise and I took a friend of hers to Tripler hospital to help her get set up with the hospital....then she treated us to lunch at Bravo, had a Italian Chief salad... then we came home and I cooked Swiss steak with Mashed Potatoes, assorted salads.... Mika Connie and KT came over for dinner. It was nice to cook for a change.

Today Jace is 8, so had to give him a call, the family BD party was going on when I called. Saturday he had his party with his friends. He is getting so big.


Till next time........ B



Blog Archive

About Me

My best Friend Wayne and I have a great life traveling, eating out, Geocaching, and meeting new people. Family is very important to us, and since we do not spend a lot of time at home they really appriciate us when we am there. Keep a look out for us you never know when or where we will be.