Saturday, January 29, 2005

Rain in Hawaii

Hi All,

Enjoying a day at home while it thunder lighting and rains..... just love this kind of weather every once in a while. The phone was out for 4 days, that is one reason no one has heard from me, also been on the go a lot.

We have seen three movies. "Coach Carter", it was good and a true story, Samual Jackson did a great job. "The Aviator" The acting was good in this one but it is not one of my favorites. "Spanglish" was just a cute fun funny movie.

Found some neat places to eat, I know that will surprise some people. Chinese Buffet that was good, think that was called Royal Palace, that was in Salt Lake area. The Out Back, now everyone knows what that is like. Sam Choy's Breakfast Lunch and Crab. Had a Bento lunch, it had spam, egg, Teri Beef, Fish, Chicken, Rice and Mac Pot Salad. That was really good but Louise and I should have just split that, so instead I ate it all. Juzars was Filipeno food, it was OK, did like the noodles. Dave & Busters was a fun place, it was at Ward Center, has Fish & Chips there.
On the way home we stopped at Shipro's for Simin. Yesterday I was so hungry for a good Hot Dog, so we ended up going to Costco.

One day we got together with Connie and her parents and had Home Made Raviolas. That was a fun time, of course we had to have all kinds of snacks before dinner.

On afternoon Louise and I went on a hunt for a UH sweatshirt for a special HP Friend of mine, we went to the Swap Meet first and there found out that they had changed there logo and was told the only place you could get it was at the Universerty, so off we go on that adventure. Took a half hour to find a place to park and to find out where the book store was, then when we got there they were so over priced that my friend is now going "Shirtless". Maybe before I leave here I will find one somewhere.

In Waipahu we visited Hawaii's Plantation Village, that was nice, we had a guide that was very good, we were shown the different houses of the different Nationalites that had worked the plantation over the years, it was very interesting.

Last night we went to the Hawaii Theatre Center and saw the Carol Channing show, "The First 80 Years Are the Hardest" Louise and I really enjoyed the show. She is now 84 and still going strong.

Now the rain has stopped, and we just might get out and go galivanting after all today. Will see.

This should catch everyone up on what I have been doing, kinda sounds like eating with a show mixed in here and there. Look forward to hearing from everyone.

P.S. Just have to deal with the miss spelled words, since I am on an emac it does not give me the opition of spell check in this program................

About Me

My best Friend Wayne and I have a great life traveling, eating out, Geocaching, and meeting new people. Family is very important to us, and since we do not spend a lot of time at home they really appriciate us when we am there. Keep a look out for us you never know when or where we will be.