Tuesday morning Sandfest had a double elimination race for the kids. Trace and Tami were a teamed and Cassidy was with Lorie. It was quite fun to watch, Cassidy made it to the second round before she got beat. The little ones did the best in the racing...... they were so cute to watch the one I have pictured here would go back to the start and jump off so his Dad could get on but he would jump off long before he reached his Dad. TOO cute.
Wednesday morning Wayne took us on the annual trip to Brandon, nice little seaside town. There is a sweatshirt shop there that Wayne always buys the kids shirts. Of course we had to check out several other shops first. I went a little crazy at the Sweet shop, Peanut butter cups, white chocolate with peanuts, and divinity with walnuts all screamed for me to take them home with me!!! While in the Toy store I heard someone say "Becky?" Look outside the store and there stands Thor and Phyllis Johnson from Corning, we had a real nice visit, it has been a couple years since I had seen Thor and Phil. Small World. On to have some lunch at the Bandon Fish market, Tami and I had the crab sandwich and Wayne and Cassidy had clam chowder, Trace settled for a hot dog. As always it was a fun, successful trip.
Back to camp just in time to go to "The Price is Almost Right" which was a Sandfest event. Doug, John and Lori all got chosen to be contestant. John and Lori lost on there first round, Doug made it to the finals, look close at the pictures and you can tell by the body language who won and who lost. Trace had his hair cut in a Mohawk, the last picture is of him with Ollie, well you can almost see Ollie, the little back thingie at the left side of the picture.
Today Wayne and I had to go to town to get some stuff for the Rhino. While in town you can not pass the Mill Casino without stopping. Come to think of it we went back into town last night and went to the Mill......both times we had fish and chips and clam chowder. I left my donation both time, guess that is just the way it goes.
Tomorrow we will all be heading home, we will go back to Paradise Point till the next trip to the sand. Next trip will be to Sand Lake.
Fun time here in Coos Bay.... B
