Monday, May 28, 2007

Geocaching in Washington..........

 

This trip we managed to make our 800th finds! Since Wayne placed another cache in Corning that I'm eligible to find, I'm now ahead of him by one! Cassidy and Trace, The Twerps, like to go hunting with us. Their favorite caches contain small items that they can trade.......of course Wayne always "grabs the money" and has now accumulated over $7.00 and some foreign coins. We found this neat old Totem Pole near Kalama, Wa......it's not too far from the I-5 freeway and we've zipped past it many times before geocaching took us to this area. It's supposedly the tallest totem pole ever carved from a single piece of wood and was moved to this park and restored. Really neat and it's also surrounded by several other smaller totem poles. The Twerps like caching, especially the ones that take us to many of the city parks in Vancouver......naturally we all "play" on the equipment. Cassidy told me "don't fall out" when I tried one of the swings. It's been "cold" the last few days and we're getting ready to head back to Corning today or tomorrow. Temperatures there running in high 90s....maybe I'll get defrosted after the frigid Northwest. We'll start back up here in mid-June after a couple of weeks home. We'll head over to Highway 101 and follow it north, stopping at various Oregon State Parks along the way. Will take us about 10 or 12 days to make the trip and will be stopping to play in the sand dunes, do some geocaching and continue our search for dungness crab and the "best clam chowder and fish and chips". We found some nice places to pig out last year; but, we're always searching for more! More later when we get home.
Posted by Picasa

About Me

My best Friend Wayne and I have a great life traveling, eating out, Geocaching, and meeting new people. Family is very important to us, and since we do not spend a lot of time at home they really appriciate us when we am there. Keep a look out for us you never know when or where we will be.